Following is the most recent info we received from the Forest Service at 5:30 PM on May 10:
Today’s Safety Message:
- Predictions for winds today include gusts up to 38 miles per hour.
- Please wear a PFD if you venture out on the water.
- Be careful with fire. Spring fuels dry out quickly.
- Ice packs may shift dramatically.
- Rivers may be dangerous.
- High volumes of water are causing some dangerous landings at portages.
- Currents are swift and unpredictable.
- Fall Lake is mostly open. Newton is open. Pipestone is open up the middle almost to Caribou Point. The rest may open in a couple of days. Jackfish still has white ice.
- The Nina Moose (Moose/Portage River North) is open and Nina Moose Lake is about 80% open. Agnes is only 40 % open.
- Dumbell, Sawbill, and most lakes of any size on the east side are still frozen.
- Moose Lake is mostly frozen.
- Farm Lake is frozen.
- Sawbill still at 13 inches of ice.
- Lake One appears to be open from the landing past Kawishiwi Lodge—how much farther is not known.